Thursday, September 25, 2008

Introduction

Welcome aboard to the blog Scientia Publica (the latin for "knowledge open to all" or "science of the people"). This site is meant to be a repository for some of my personal ruminations on the current state of the world, mainly through the perspective of my training as a scientist.

That training was focused in the area of something called Cognitive Neuroscience, in which I received a doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley. So I've had a blend of training in diverse fields such as psychology, cognitive science, philosophy, statistics, biology, physics, and physiology. Along with obviously guiding my research, this broad background sculpts my perspective on the political and social landscape around me. So this is how the world looks through eyes trained to see the subtle hidden structure natural systems

No comments:

Post a Comment